Tuesday, March 6, 2012

seller spotlight : home again, home again...

I decided it's time that I start a feature on my blog. Because that's what bloggers do, right? Have features? I don't know. I'm still new to this.

Anyhow, this "feature" that I'm commencing is called "Seller Spotlight," and I will use it to show off the talents of my many amazing Etsy friends.

Let me explain a thing or two about "Etsy friends". I am, by no means, a people person. I like to spend time with just one or two people at a time, or, if I'm at a party, I tend to section off myself in a conversation with one or two people. It's not that I'm anti-social. I interact. I just get overwhelmed if more than one thing is going on. And having a conversation with a table of ten people is more than one thing going on. Or explaining the rules of a game to six people that aren't paying attention is more than one thing going on.

Sigh.

I'm fun. I promise. I'm just small and I overwhelm easily.

Anyway. I digress. Because of my lack of people personie-ness (technical term), I'm not bothered by the fact that I work alone and don't have co-workers. I'd much rather spend my day in my own little space than having to interact with people that probably drive me nuts anyway. Yet, as in any line of work, it's nice to have someone that you can talk to about what's going on in your work life and can relate to you and your work. This is where Etsy friends come in. Imagine if you and all of your friends worked in the same industry but at different offices. And you could talk to them about what was going on at your office and they would understand without you having to explain a thing. And they would come to you to brainstorm ideas and you'd be happy to brainstorm with them because you know all about the industry they work in, because it's your industry, too. What a lovely world.

Rachel of Peachtreelane was my first Etsy friend. She lived about 30 miles from me at the time and we had made a few purchases from each others' Etsy shops and chatted occasionally about what we were doing, or complimented each other when one of us had new things in our Etsy shops, etc etc. THEN. When the first Etsy Denton show happened, she was a vendor and we got to meet in person after a couple years of casual Etsy friendship. Now, she lives like half a mile from me, and we ship our Etsy orders at the same post office.

ETSY. FRIENDS.

I'm also now Etsy friends with her sister, Sarah, who makes amazing cosmetics that I wear every day. Both of these ladies will at some point get their own Seller Spotlight at some point, however...


Today's Seller Spotlight is:


 My friend Shelley is the lovely lady behind the adorable home goods of Home Again, Home Again.  She upcycles linens, vintage fabrics, and burlap coffee sacks into the cutest little pillows, tea towels, napkins, and beyond. Shelley and I met when she commissioned me to do some sewing for her. Now, we're Etsy Denton co-leaders and very close friends.

The burlap coffee bag squares on these napkins are pockets for silverware! So clever!

Our relationship is unique in that I'm about the age of Shelley's three kids,  rather than her age, but it makes our friendship all the more special. We have sort of a friend-colleague-mother-daughter dynamic that somehow always works. Anyway, enough about how awesomeness of the Rachel-Shelley duo... let's look at some more of her fantastic work!

Coasters from vintage ads! These have sold, but she said she's looking to make more.





Recycled calendar pillows! Love!
Isn't she the coolest? She really is.

Loves and Hugs,

Rachel Elise

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the "spotlight", you really are a special friend & colleague Rachel! You keep me going : )

    ReplyDelete