Sunday, January 15, 2012

tools of the trade...

Last night I ventured to Super Marshalls in Dallas with my lovely lady friend Lauren Hirsch. A favorite part of journeying to Marshalls/TJ Maxx for both Lauren and me is exploring the home section of the store (which is why Home Goods is the greatest store in the world).

This particular Marshalls had a couple of really great kitchen items by a company called Joseph Joseph:

This simple but inventive cutting board has fold hinges built in so that once you chop up your veggies, your cutting board folds into a chute to transfer your ingredients into your pot or skillet. So clever and useful!

Chop2Pot Plus

Marshalls also had this fantastic Joseph Joseph collapsible cheese grater. As cheap as shredded cheese is today, I rarely use my grater, but I do need it on occasion. For as little as I use it, the grater takes up a lot of space in the cabinet... what a great solution!
Fold Flat Grater







When I got home, I checked out their website to see what other clever kitchen goodies they had to offer. Turns out I already owned a couple!



My sister got me this great utility nesting bowl set a year ago. I use it nearly every day! It includes 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, and 1 cup measuring cups, a measuring bowl with a pitcher spout, a strainer, a colander, and a mixing bowl. Such a huge space saver, and the colors are so lovable!

Nest8 Bowl Set

I also already had one of these great Scoop Colanders. I think the Boser and I picked it up with some Bed, Bath, and Beyond wedding money. Great for getting boiled chicken out of a hot pot, or nabbing your teabags out of a hot pitcher!
Scoop Colander

Here are a couple other products on the Joseph Joseph website that I'd love to have. Make sure you check out all of their great kitchen tools!
Elevate Utensil Collection


 

Double Dish





Loves and Hugs,

Rachel Elise

1 comment: