Tuesday, January 10, 2012

a beginners guide to reading my blog...

Oh hey there.

I have decided it's time to enter the current century and start a blog. I'd like to give those of you that are kind enough to read said blog a bit of a introductory guide to my ramblings, because everyone wants to hear a ramble about what I'm going to ramble about :)

1. My Work

While earning a BFA in Fiber Art at the University of North Texas, I started making purses and selling them to earn a bit of extra cash. Now, with a year of post-grad life under my belt, running "Rachel Elise" is my full time job. And it rules. I sell my bags online, at local craft shows, and wholesale to boutiques and other retail outlets throughout the country (and even a couple of times overseas. NBD.) You can visit my Etsy Shop to shop/drool/spy on/purchase my bags, you can follow my business on Facebook, or you can look at the adorable little website that the Boser (more on him later) helped me set up.

In addition to work I do at Rachel Elise, I'm kind of a craft/Etsy nut. In fact, in 2010, I started the local craft team Etsy Denton with my dear friend Shelley. We've put together a total of three craft shows, as well as a few other events that benefited our members. It's a lot of work, but Shelley and I make a pretty killer leadership duo, if I do say so myself.


2. My Fam

For almost a year now, I have been married to the Boser, aka Bo. He's a pretty fantastic dude. He works for a video production company by day, and has a passion/crazy talent for playing guitar by night. We enjoy being BFF and watching TV series on Netflix.

In addition to the Boser and me, there is Cat. Cat, or Dagny, as we sometimes choose to call her, is a small little cross-eyed kitty that keeps me company during the day. As I work at home alone, we spend a lot of time together, so yes, you'll get to hear about her a lot. And yes, you'll get to see an annoying amount of pictures of her doing cute things.


3. My Noms

I'm a totally foodie, and I am not ashamed. You should not be ashamed, either. Which is why you are going to continue reading this blog about crafts and foods :D In addition to a love of finding the best restaurants with the Boser, I love to cook and get creative in the kitchen. One of my favorite kitchen activities is MARATHONSOUPSUNDAY, in which I make several soups on a Sunday afternoon while the Boser occupies himself with hours of football. I then freeze said soups, and we eat them throughout the next few weeks when no one feels like cooking. It's a pretty excellent plan.

Of the food groups, the cheeseburger food group is a particular favorite of the Boser and I. In fact, this was the Boser's groomscake at our wedding:

Photo via Carter Rose




The Boser is also a giant fan of sandwiches and Asian food, all of which were complicated about four months ago when I discovered that I am gluten intolerant. But this discovery has taught me to learn more about food and about my self every day, so it's not all bad.


Okay, if you've made it this far, congratulations, you are a blog-reading champion. I'll let you go about your business now, as I need to start going about mine for the day.

Hugs and Loves,

Rachel Elise







1 comment: