Monday, January 23, 2012

burger review: the grape...

As I've mentioned before, the Boser and I are constantly on the hunt for our next favorite burger. So yesterday, our anniversary, seemed like the appropriate time to finally make it to The Grape and try what Texas Monthly crowned as the Best Burger in Texas.


The full burger list is no longer on Texas Monthly's website, but ever since the Boser and I found out that the #1 burger was in DFW, we had been plotting a way to get to it.

The only problem was that the burger is only served on The Grape's Sunday brunch menu. (It is now also available on Mondays, due to popularity.) Due to the limited availablity, Bo and I just hadn't managed to make it down there. Until yesterday.


In the excitement of eating my burger, I forgot to take a picture. But God bless Google Images. This is exactly what my burger looked like.


Sidebar: Yes, I am gluten intolerant. No, this burger was not served on a gluten-free bun. My condition is not life-threating, just uncomfortable, so I make exceptions in my gluten-free diet for the following reasons:


1. Being at an event with a specific menu (i.e. a wedding, Thanksgiving dinner, invited to someone's home for dinner, etc.)

2. Being out of town. (Local cuisine is a big part of travel.)

3. Eating out with a large group of people. (By the time everyone actually agrees on the restaurant, I don't care if I can eat gluten-free there or not. I'm just hungry.)


4. BURGERS.

Review: It was in fact a very delicious burger. I can see why Texas Monthly crowned it. It was a very Texas-ie burger. And the FRIES. The fries should have won Best French Fries in Texas from Texas Monthly. But I don't think that's a thing.

So was it the best burger I've ever had? It was really freaking delicious, but no. The Boser thought that yes, it was the best burger he'd ever had (and he supports my statement about the fries, as well). 

For me, the best burger still resides at Kenny's Burger Joint  in Frisco, Texas. (Yes, there are actually some good things about Frisco. Like Kenny's. And the Boser's employment).

Where's your favorite burger?

Loves and Hugs,

Rachel Elise

P.S. Free U.S. shipping in my Etsy shop now until Friday, January 27th. Use the code "SHIP12JAN" during checkout. <3

1 comment:

  1. Angry Dog in Deep Ellum and Village Burger in Allen have some awesome burgers. Check em out. Ive been wanting to try The Grape. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete