Sunday, February 19, 2012

product photos...

The photos I take of my bags to put on my Etsy shop are far from professional, but they give clear description and detail to each product, which I guess in the end is the most important thing. And people buy my stuff daily, so they must agree with me, professional photos or not.

Want to know my photography secret? Here it is:



I set up three pieces of foam core next to my office window, which receives a lot of natural, indirect light from about 11 am to 2 pm daily. The base piece of foam core has one edge held up by the window sill and the other edge held up by my desk-side wastebasket, which just happens to be the exact same height as the window sill. Convenient. The background foam core leans against the Boser's guitar amp, which lives by the window. The third piece of foam core is for reflecting light back toward to the product and just leans against the other two for support. Ghetto photo magic at its finest.

Sidenote: Can you find Cat in this picture? She was behaving this particular day by being behind the photo set up to look out the window. Generally, she prefers to wander around on the foam core and block all the light. Thanks, Cat.

Loves and Hugs,

Rachel Elise

P.S. BIG BLOG POST TOMORROW! Changes are a comin': a couple of bags are being retired, a new bag is being introduced, an old bag is coming back, and three bags got makeovers. OH. SNAP.

1 comment:

  1. your ghetto photo magic is brilliant! your shop pictures are very professional & it's fun to see how you pull it off.
    p.s. i love the bag in the photo ~ is it in your shop?

    ReplyDelete