Sunday, February 12, 2012

capers...

The more I cook with capers, the more I become a fan. Which is intriguing for two reasons: 1. I hate olives. 2. The Boser's middle name is Capers. Tehe.

Tonight's dinner consisted of two caper-fueled dishes: Tilapia with Walnut-Caper Brown Butter and a side salad with my all-time favorite dressing, Lemon-Caper Vinaigrette. Nommers.

The Walnut-Caper Brown Butter was a new dish for me. I found the recipe on Kitchen Daily (which is now a part of the Huffington Post). The recipe suggests chicken, but it was perfection with the Tilapia. Tilapia is great. It's super healthy for you, and you can get a big bag of frozen fillets for pretty cheap. Win win.

Here's our Walnut-Caper Brown Butter bubblin' on the stove:






Nom nom nom.

Here's the recipe, if you want to make it yourself. In other news, I highly recommend you make it yourself.

A field green side salad with carrots, cucumber slices, and my lemon-dill vinaigrette was the perfect accompaniment. I neglected to take a picture of the awesomeness, but this creamy dressing will quickly become a staple in your salad arsenal.

Here's how you whip it up:

Combine the following ingredients in a bowl:

1/4 cup of mayo or miracle whip
2 T. wine vinegar
1 T. lemon juice
1 T. olive oil
1 T. capers (juice or minced in a food processor)
pinch of black pepper

Whisk all ingredients and sprinkle over your salad greens.

Make it happen.


Loves and Hugs,

Rachel Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment