Tuesday, August 7, 2012

a new addition...

Well, first of all:


My excuse-ridden abscence this time is actually pretty good: the Boser and I moved! We're out of our slighty old, slightly sad, slightly why-do-none-of-the-kitchen-drawers-work-and-how-am-i-supposed-to-do-laundry-in-a-space-like-this two bedroom apartment and into a lovely little 3 bedroom house in the heart of Denton!

The Boser works in Frisco, Texas, which is about a 40 minute commute, and we had long talked about moving closer to his office once our lease was up. But then we realized that we don't really care for Frisco so much. And we kind of care for Denton a lot. And we could get exactly what we wanted within our budget in our town of choice anyway so.... DENTON! YAY!

The addition of a 3rd bedroom means that the Boser gets to have a "mancave" where he can play guitars and work on his fantasy football team and play ridiculous games with Cat. And IIIIII get a happy little studio all to myself! Not sharing is the best. Sometimes sharing is not caring. Especially when you're sharing workspace with someone you're married to.

My studio is pretty much put together, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for the grand reveal. Until then, I'd like for you to meet the newest member of the Rachel Elise team:


This is Connie! She is an industrial sewing machine, which is a piece of equipment I have long needed, but also long feared. Industrial sewing machines operate remarkably similarly to home sewing machines, but are more powerful and able. And also more confusing because they come with instruction manuals that assume you've worked in a sweat shop for ten years and know how to use the thing. Falseness. I do not. But a venture to visit the super knowledgeable Willard of Texas Sewing now has me and Connie getting along like old chums. (Chums? I've been watching too much London Olympics...)

Connie's home sewing machine counterpart, Bernie, has been having some issues due to overuse, but she'll be around a while longer, assisting Connie when needed. Eventually Bernie will be replaced by a new home sewing machine, but my bank account needs to catch its breath for a minute.

Check back tomorrow to see what the new set up looks like! Eep!

Loves and Hugs,

Rachel Elise

2 comments:

  1. Did you see that I just got one last week,too??? I've been wanting an industrial machine for a long time, and mine practically fell on my lap. I'm in love! I named mine,too. her name is Verena :)
    http://gathering-sewing.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-new-industrial-sewing-machine.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I didn't see! CONGRATS! I also love my sewing machine shop people. The little shop in Denton doesn't do industrial machines, but the resident genius there recommended I go see this guy in Fort Worth, who was also amazing. I love those guys! So many years of knowledge and experience :) Enjoy your new toy!!

      Delete