Wednesday, August 29, 2012

a big step and a seller spotlight...

Well friends-- I made a milestone yesterday. I hired by first employee! EEE!!!

My dear friend Nikki is going to fill the role of part-time studio assistant starting in September. She'll help me cut out fabric and prepare materials for sewin'. My Etsy shop has been crazy lately (mostly with bridesmaids clutches continuing to gain popularity), and I simply can't keep up.
Cause of craziness.

I originally thought I would have Nikki start in October, but after the past couple of days, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to make it to her September 17th start date! It's wonderful to be so busy, but the help will be super awesome.

Anyhow, I'd like to take a minute to introduce Nikki, and since she's also an Etsy seller, what better way than with a Seller Spotlight?

That's right, I have not forgotten this blog feature of old, the Seller Spotlight. It just went on hiatus for a bit :D Anyhow, Nikki's shop is Velvet Underfoot, where she upcycles t-shirts into awesome kids' clothes. She started out with shirts for boys like this one:


but by popular demand is now venturing into adorable little dresses for girls, like this one:


She made that one for her daughter, Rosemary, who wore it to her first day of kindergarten yesterday. I wish I could be as cool as Rosemary...

Make sure you check out her shop and support this super awesome gal. Don't have kids? You know you need an awesome one of a kind gift to take to that baby shower that's coming up...

Loves and Hugs,
Rachel Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment