Monday, July 2, 2012

progress...

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a blog post about all the epic new plans I have a brewin'. Just thought I'd update you guys on what excitement is happening in Rachel Elise world.

1. Very Jane clutches are all made and shipped out! Woohoo!


 Isn't that picture fun? I was really excited about it. I also took this one:


 That's a hundred clutches. Ahhh the colors. So happy. Ahem. Moving on.


2. I've ordered my first purse frames, and I await their arrival.

 It will take a while for me to perfect the patterns, technique, and order a big batch of frames, but the process is in the works.

 3. The Bunch Bag and Date Purse have been redesigned to be more cohesive with my other bag styles. The Date Purse will debut in the shop later this week, and the Bunch Bag will debut next week. Only it's not the Bunch Bag anymore! It's now the Courier Satchel, which is a name I used on a previous bag style, but I've reassigned to this new Bunch Bag-sized satchel, because... let's be real. It's an awesome name.

4. I've designed my first collection! It was a really fun and exciting process. I started out with fifteen fabrics for the Forgotten Summer Collection, but I edited down to just eight fabrics, from which I made 15 unique designs and 60 individual bags. None of them are sewn up yet, but here's the stack of cut out pieces. Also, cat. Because she's always around.


Look out for those new Date Purses later in the week! And have a safe and happy 4th of July!

Loves and Hugs,

Rachel Elise

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the bags with the purse frames. I already want one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I almost cheered out loud for you when I saw those completed clutches ready to send! What a relief I'm sure :)

    I can't wait to see your new collection...I'm sure it will be beautiful <3 Keep sewing and posting, we'll keep watching! congrats!

    ReplyDelete