Saturday, February 11, 2012

revamp and reorganize...

So an unfortunate thing happened a couple of weeks ago:


I discovered Pinterest.


Why is this unfortunate you ask? Because I now have a list of about 20,934,820,394 things that I want to do to/around my apartment/life. Which is nice and motivating, I suppose, but also defeating, as I will never have time to make a succulent wreath.

via Prudent Baby


Or paint my walls in perfect, nautical-inspired stripes.
via Blue Rooms White Houses



Or make beautiful baskets out of recycled paper.


via Design Sponge

But it's good in a way, too. It inspired me to complete a few little projects today. Yay productive Saturdays!

The first was to get rid of a seen-better-days art project I completed in a semester of summer school. The wood on the frame was warped, and the paper I had stitched on to the cloth was getting sad and ratty in some places. Out with the old, in with the new! I went to Garden Ridge and spent about $75 on a collection of frames to hang some prints I made in school, along with a couple of other prints that I had on hand. Now the wall looks like this:



1. Print by my lovely friend, Lauren Hirsch
2. Print by Me
3. Print by Me
4. William Morris print from a 2011 calendar
5. Print by Monkey Ink Design, purchased at Granada Theater

 Yaaaaay art collection!

The next project was to tackle the kitchen. Our apartment doesn't have a pantry, so pretty much every cabinet is exploding with kitchenness. Today I took it upon myself to make all the cabinet doors safe to open without holding a hand above your head to catch whatever was about to fall on you.

The first step was to get rid of all that was glutenie. Since finding out about my sensitivity a few months ago, I hadn't cleaned out the cabinets of unsafe foodstuff.

Here's the giant bag of stuff I cleared out:

Bevin, if you ever get home from the library, call me. This bag has your name on it. P.S. There is lots of pasta inside. You know you want it.

Once all of that was gone, I rearranged, repackaged, and relocated until the cabinets were clutter free and logical. How nice is that.

Thanks for the inspiration, Pinterest. I guess you're alright after all.

Loves and Hugs,

Rachel Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment