Thursday, May 24, 2012

showsplosion...

Hi Friends!

I would apologize for my absence, but I feel like I've been doing that a lot lately. It is craft show season, after all!

Last weekend was my first Renegade Craft Fair down in Austin. My adorable crafty friend Amanda (check out her awesome work here) was kind enough to help out in my booth both days AND let me crash at her place for free. You don't really get better friends than that, folks.

The show went pretty awesomely-- I beat my "I'll be really stoked if I make this much" goal by $8.00, my booth partner was totally fun and brilliant, and I got to pal around with Amanda and her fam for a couple of days. Rock. And. Roll.

I was having too much fun being overwhelmed with sales and shopping for things myself that I neglected to take pictures to document the show. Luckily, a couple of pretty rad bloggers did and mentioned me in their posts (how kind!).

Chet of ChetArt and I have done several shows together, mostly Etsy Dallas shows, but I don't know that we had actually ever had a conversation until Renegade. SUPER nice guy. And he took this picture of me in my booth, which may be the only proof that I was in attendance. Thanks Chet!



You can read the rest of his recap here. (I told you he was nice-- look at all the awesome people he recognizes!)

In addition to chatting it up with Chet, I got to meet one of my long time craft crushes, Cassie of The Mossy Fox. She was also nice enough to highlight my work in her Renegade recap. It turned out that she also had a long time craft crush on me, so we traded merch with much giddiness.

I got these two necklaces:


in exchange for a satchel. *Craft swoon*

Renegade was a superblastie, but it's still new in the Austin area, so I might give a bit before I go back. I've heard plenty of great things about the Cherrywood holiday-time show in Austin, so now that I know Austinites are Rachel Elise fans, I may be applying to that. It's super competitive, so fingers crossed.

My last show of the season is this Saturday, and it's a doosy: The Etsy Denton Summer Bazaar! Since I'm a vendor as well as a coordinator, I've got quite a bit happening this week. But it's all coming together quite nicely... and I promise I'll take pictures to prove it.

Come play on Saturday!

Loves and Hugs,

Rachel Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment